Submit a Root Inclusion Request
The ‘Root Inclusion Request’ case is used by a CA Owner to request that one or more of their root CA certificates be included in one or more Root Store Programs.
To create a ‘Root Inclusion Request’ case in the CCADB:
- Click on the ‘My CA’ tab.
- Click on the ‘CASES’ tab under the CA Owner’s name, near the top left corner of the page.
- Click on the ‘New’ button, which is on the right side of the page, below the ‘Get URLs’ button.
- Select ‘Root Inclusion Request’, and click on ‘Next’.
- Type in information for the ‘Subject’ (e.g., XYZ Root Certificates).
- Click on the ‘Save’ button.
- There will be a green bar shown across the top of the page, which says “Case ###### was created”. Click on the number in the list below (the same which was provided by green bar) to view the new case.
- Detailed Instructions: Create a Root Inclusion Request
Root Store Operators review and process requests for inclusion in accordance with separate program requirements and within their own program timelines. The review process begins after a CA Owner has added a root CA certificate to the CCADB and submitted a ‘Root Inclusion Request’ case to Root Store(s) for review.
Note: New required fields were added to CCADB Root Case records on December 22, 2022, and those fields will have to be populated in the ‘Root Inclusion Request’ case to update a pre-existing Root Case record. Those fields will be in the applicable Root Store Operator tab of the Root Inclusion Request case. CA Owners are expected to continue using the Add/Update Root Request case type to make necessary updates to CA Owner and Root Certificate records, such as policy and audit updates.