Root Store Membership
If you are a browser manufacturer or developer of software that includes a trusted root certificate store that you actively manage, you may wish to consider joining the CCADB as a Root Store Operator.
Applicants must meet the membership requirements as specified in the Bylaws of the CCADB.
Membership applications may be denied if the CCADB Steering Committee is made aware that including the applicant’s organization or issuing CCADB access to the organization’s representatives would breach the Bylaws of the CCADB, the CCADB Charter, the CCADB Code of Conduct, or the CRM Service Provider Terms.
To begin the process, submit your application by sending an email to membership [at] ccadb [dot] org. Here are the points you should address in your application:
- Written confirmation that you produce a software product that includes trusted root certificates, and is intended for use by the general public.
- Evidence that your organization meets the membership requirements as specified in the Bylaws of the CCADB.
- The organization name, as you wish it to appear in the CCADB and in official documents.
- The URL of your main Web site.
- Names and email addresses of your employees who will participate in the CCADB as your Steering Committee Representative and Alternate (Full names and nicknames with surnames will be helpful in future communications).
If there are any questions about your application, we will get back to you. Otherwise, once we have received this information, the CCADB Steering Committee will make a determination on whether your organization can be included as a Root Store Operator and communicate its determination to you, along with information about how to complete your membership and begin participation.